Are you looking to add length or volume to your hair, yet still trying to figure out where to start? With so many options available, choosing the right one for you can be overwhelming.
Whether you’re new to trying hair extensions or perhaps looking to switch up the method you use, it’s good to know what options are available. Here at Xtended Locks, we provide premium nano and tape hair extensions, and if you’re looking for your dream hair, look no further…
What are Tape Extensions?
Tape extensions are named after the adhesive tape used to attach them to your natural hair. The extensions come in pre-taped wefts, which are then attached to your hair with the help of a heated tool. The process is relatively quick, taking around 45 minutes to an hour to install.
- They are suitable for most hair types, including very fine hair.
- Tapes are easy to maintain, and can last up to eight weeks before needing to be reinstalled.
- Quick and easy application – generally considered a more low-maintenance option.
- With good fitting and careful placement, your extensions will not be seen, especially with tape method extensions, which are the flattest and most discreet in our humble opinion. We can adjust the fitting slightly to our clients and how they wear their hair up.
What are Nano Extensions?
Nano extensions, also known as micro-ring extensions, are applied using small rings that are clamped onto your natural hair. They are called “nano” because the rings used are smaller than those used in traditional micro-ring extensions. The process can take anywhere from one to three hours, depending on the amount of hair being applied. Nano hair extensions don’t require any heat in their attachment, the natural hair is threaded through a nano ring before being clamped into place.
- Nanos are tiny and individually added, they are so small that they are almost invisible. Small, discreet and easy to fit!
- Can be reused for numerous applications, providing your hair is still in good condition, making this method cost-effective long-term.
- Perfect for fine hair, your nano-tip extensions shouldn’t add any stress or strain to your hairline.
Both tape-ins and nano rings have great benefits, and one thing that they both have in common, is that they are a great option for those with thin or fine hair, due to their gentle application and lightweight feel!